Almost out of my Funk.
Not quite up to composing an entire blog post but, things are looking up.
1. I'm 90% sure I found a place for Farley that is acceptable.
2. I'm having a lot of success (more than I even dared to dream) teaching Tess how to weave poles. After only 2 days of really working at it, I'm ready to add poles 3 and 4 - very exciting. Even more exciting, a week before her first birthday, Tess really shows signs of an approaching maturity and is so much fun to be around and play with.
3. The AERC convention is this weekend, and I get to visit Funder. Alcohol may or may not be involved.
It almost makes up for the fact that:
1. I'm worried that I didn't pass the test last Friday. And that the final is Monday and Tuesday.
2. I feel guilty for being a bad horse owner and not doing anything with Farley this week and weekend - not even basic stuff.
3. I've missed all my runs for the last 2 weeks and generally feel like a fat slob.
4. I'm having MAJOR issues managing my anxiety in the last couple of weeks. See previous comments about lack of running and horse time......that just may be a major contributor (who are we fooling here??? OF COURSE my lack of taking care of myself and doing my self care acivities are too blame!).
5. My allergies are killing me.
Too much caffeine today (really hard for me to kick the caffeine habit and I'm back on it - it's not that I'm even tired - I just REALLY like the high caffeine gives me.....but the "after math" of mental effects is so not good for me and I REALLY need to let it go), it's my bedtime, and I think I'm starting to fall into that "HALT" mentality that one of my wise readers advised me of......so blog post tomorrow if I'm still sane. That's a huge if. The 4 hour after noon labs after a full morning in the class room are slowly killing off brain cells. I think I only managed 2 showers last week?
I keep meaning to end this post and yet I keep rambling on and on and on......
Journey seems to be on the mend
2 days ago